Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where I say and how are you?

The first official Bella Vita Photography blog post (dontaatadon:) What to say what to say? Well let's start with a little get to know ya session. I am mom to Carrotline who will be 13 in just a few days, and also to Noodle who just turned 10, and wife to Mickety who will be 34 on the same day I turn 33, yes we have the same birthday and no it's not all that fun. I grew up in southwest rural Michigan in a small town with only one stop light and too many local watering holes to count. The same folks I sat across from in kindergarten were the same people I walked with at graduation. I've worked primarily in the transportation industry and have always loved photography but never had the right camera to be able to actually take good pictures..oh sure I got lucky a few times, but it wasn't until February of 2008 that I learned just how fantastic photography could be for that was when I bought my beloved Canon EOS 40D. It was love at first sight. I like to think of the guy at Best Buy as my own private match maker. We've been happy ever since. I have quickly learned it's all about the lens, not so much the camera body, word of advise buy the best body you can afford but really lay out the dough for the lens!

Photography is more than a hobby for me, sure I'm trying to make it into a job but at the core of it, it is a passion and life long pursuit, it is a legacy. When I take photographs and after I edit them I not only look at the value of that image today in peoples homes, but what that photo will mean to people years from now, especially when those images along with memories are all that is left of a loved one. That is when those photos take on a totally different feeling for the owner. Every compliment, every amount of praise I receive for my work moves me to tears because I feel that the customer is seeing the little bits of my soul that I pour into each shot. It is safe to say that I see 80% of my life through my lens, and I would not have it any other way.

So now you know me, tell me about you and how are you today? You look fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment